[Nek5000-users] Prenek Problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 7 12:27:03 CDT 2014

Hi, Omid,

It is normal. You should type the name of the session on the new graphical
screen and 'enter'. Then you look at the terminal window in which you
launched prenek. You will see new lines appears which demands you for
furthur steps.

Prenek and postx are a very old tools, and not graphically adapted in
debian-based systems. You can install some libraries. It will fix several
the problem, but not all. I think the best way is to write a script, which
can be read by prenek. You can find the example ext_cyl, in which the file
mkmesh is a simple example. It is not easy, and needs a lot of time to try
and adjust by yourself, since the prenek is too difficult to be used
graphically and interactively. Good luck!

mesa-utils
libx11-*
libxt-dev
xfonts-100dpi