[Nek5000-users] Prenek and Genbox - Maketools problems

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 25 12:42:03 CDT 2013

Hi Katie,

Thanks, genbox is creating the .re2 file without any errors now and you are
right regrading the IO error.. it appears since I close prex by just
closing the window. Regarding what's happening with PRENEK: in general, for
'PREX', it prints the following error every time when opening:

'I/O Error: No String Terminator sent to PRS'

Then when I input a name for the session (after the prompt "Choose a Name
for This Session:" ) the program does nothing. It doesn't take the session
name and I can keep on typing text and pressing enter with no response.

On the other hand, for 'PRETEX', it doesn't show the 'I/O Error: No String
Terminator sent to PRS' at the beginning but gives: 'cp: cannot stat
`/home/jpm/.nekdefaults': No such file or directory'

It lets me input a session name and this time it accepts it and i manage to
go through the menu options but when trying to 'read previous parameters'
it gives 'Error reading parameters from file.' When I try the 'Type in new
parameters' it lets me carry on but when I try to 'Build interactively' the
following message appears: 'Error: Grid must be between 0 and 1 (fraction
of Screen height).  Screen gridding couldnt be changed
 drwobjs:            0'

I then go through some stages, and manage to, for example, use the 'Import
Mesh' but the mesh is not imported correctly and grey boxes appear (which I
imagine should be clickable options) but there is nothing inside them.
Other options seem to work partially but never successfully, it is as
though there is something wrong with the output to the Nekton window.

Sorry if the above is confusing but I tried to summarise what is happening.

Thank you,
JP