[Nek5000-users] Problem reading restart data

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 24 13:10:46 CDT 2013

Hello Neks.

We just got a new system and I'm trying to run some nek cases that worked fine on our previous systems.  Everything seems fine when running without having to read initial condition data. However, I'm having a problem reading in restart data, e.g., from the log file:

"
  Error reading initial condition/drive force data
  aborting in routine rdicdf.
EXIT: rdicdf error          1

call exitt: dying …
"

Our new system has the Xeon E5-2670 "SandyBridge" cores and FDR (Fourteen Data Rate, or 56 Gb/sec) InfiniBand

Our old system Intel Nehalem processors and InfiniBand interconnect

Here's the mpi info on the new system.:

login4 >> mpif77 -v
mpif77 for the Intel(R) MPI Library 4.1 for Linux*
Copyright(C) 2003-2012, Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
ifort version 13.0.1

Any ideas why I'm having trouble reading in restart data on this new system?

Thanks!
--Mike