[Nek5000-users] Download and running of nek5000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 26 10:02:26 CDT 2013

Dear Paul ,
thanks for your kind reply and useful information . The terminal says :

"Giacinto-Gencos-MacBook-Pro:~ giacintogenco$ ~/nek5_svn/trunk/tools
-bash: /Users/giacintogenco/nek5_svn/trunk/tools: is a directory
Giacinto-Gencos-MacBook-Pro:~ giacintogenco$ ./maketools
-bash: ./maketools: No such file or directory
Giacinto-Gencos-MacBook-Pro:~ giacintogenco$  "

How can I create the directory ? Maybe it is easier than I think , but I am
stuck here . Thank you for your precious help ,

Best Regards

Giacinto Genco

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Dear Giacinto,
>
> The maketools command should be issued from
>
> ~/nek5_svn/trunk/tools
>
> where you would type:
>
>  ./maketools     (since it appears that "." is not in your path)
>
> Similarly, makenek should be issued from (say) one of the
> examples directories.    It is normal to copy the makenek
> script to the location where you will build and run the
> example, so that makenek and SIZE are in the same directory,
> along with the .usr, .rea files, etc.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Paul Fischer
>

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.**gov<nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov>wrote:
>
>  Dear sir ,
>> I am a new mac user . I am trying to download the Nek5000 software but my
>> MacBook Pro is telling me "Checked out revision 906 " . Later when I try to
>> implement the different commands needed for the initial build I have lots
>> of comment like "command not found" or  " *** No rule to make target " and
>> so on .
>>
>> This is what I have from my terminal :
>>
>> "Last login: Mon Mar 25 12:47:38 on ttys000
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ sudo svn co https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/**
>> nek5/ <https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/nek5/>
>> svn: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/**repos/nek5<https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/nek5>':
>> Could not resolve hostname `svn.mcs.anl.gov': Host not found (
>> https://svn.mcs.anl.gov)
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ ~/nek5_svn/trunk/tools/**maketools clean
>> make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ ~/nek5_svn/trunk/tools/**maketools all
>> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ make -f <filename of makefile>
>> -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ svn co https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/**nek5/<https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/nek5/>nek5_svn
>> Checked out revision 906.
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ ~/nek_svn/trunk/tools/**maketools
>> -bash: /Users/giacintogenco/nek_svn/**trunk/tools/maketools: No such
>> file or directory
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ sudo svn co https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/**
>> nek5/ <https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/nek5/>
>> Password:
>> Sorry, try again.
>> Password:
>> Checked out revision 906.
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ nek5_svn/trunk/tools/maketools
>> Usage: maketools [clean|all|tool(s)]
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ nek5_svn/trunk/postnek/**makefile
>> -bash: nek5_svn/trunk/postnek/**makefile: No such file or directory
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ svn co https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/**nek5/<https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/nek5/>nek5_svn
>> Checked out revision 906.
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ nek5_svn/trunk/postnek/**makefile
>> -bash: nek5_svn/trunk/postnek/**makefile: No such file or directory
>> dhcp168:~ giacintogenco$ nek5_svn/trunk/tools/maketools
> [...]

Giacinto M. F. Genco
Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering , Purdue University
Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering , Purdue University
Italian " Laurea " in Mechanical Engineering , Politecnico di Bari , Bari ,
Italy .