[Nek5000-users] major nek tools update

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 13 08:31:09 CST 2013

Dear Neks,

I wanted to alert you to a couple of revisions in
the Nek toolset, aimed primarily at multi-million
element mesh development.

First, there is a major revision in prenek that aims
to incorporate several new features, including
the ability to merge multi-million element meshes (fewer
than ~10 million, still), support for object definition when
creating 2D meshes, and a fair amount of general cleanup.

No doubt, things will break (for those of you who might
be using prenek).... Please email this list with any
issues and we'll seek to resolve them as quickly as
possible.

In addition to the prenek update, there has been an
overhaul of potential formatting issues in serveral
of the tools that arise in when one has periodic boundary
conditions with E > 1,000,000.  The new formats should
work for E up to 2 billion.    We are still putting the
finishing touches on some of the tools (e.g., rea2re2
and n2to3), and expect these to be finished in a couple
of days.

I would thus recommend performing an svn update on the
entire tools and nek directory, particularly if you are
working in the high E limit.

Thanks for your continued interest in Nek5000!