[Nek5000-users] turbulent heat transfer

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 13 08:08:43 CST 2013

Hi Alex,

I see you have ifadv set to T, which is correct.

However, I also see that your conductivity is -.7, which
implies your Peclet number is 0.7 ---- (assuming your
Reynolds number is 750).  Is this what you want ?

Also, are you using periodic boundary conditions?
If so, it takes a bit of care to get meaningful
forcing conditions, particularly for the fixed-temperature
boundary condition.  (This condition leads to determination
of an eigenvalue to find the fully-developed flow conditions,
which have a bulk temperature scaling like  exp(-lambda x).
I can point you to some techniques for developing such
conditions if you'd like.)

Paul