[Nek5000-users] Magnetic boundary conditions (especially (quasi) vacuum conditions)

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 12 17:44:07 CST 2013

Hi Jan,

Sounds exciting!

As a first step, we have implemented the quasi vacuum boundary/idealized insulator conditions for the boundary aligned with the Cartesian axes -- e.g., use the cbc/genbox character 'ddn' in .rea for Dirichlet conditions on the first two components, Bx & By (with vx=0 & vy=0 for ifield.eq.ifldmhd in userbc) and for homogeneous Neumann on the third, i.e. for dBz/dz=0.

I have started debugging its extension for the general case.

I am currently tied up with the end of the year projects but I am hopeful that I'll get back to it over the Christmas break.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks.
Aleks