[Nek5000-users] 3D MHD example

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 16 09:17:14 CDT 2011

Hi Rakesh,

For the 3D MHD example please look for the case

nek5_svn/examples/mhd/gpf.*

and check the comments in gpf.usr for the details.

An upgrade of the code which handles magnetic boundary conditions that are different from velocity BCs has been successfully tested for a magnetoconvection case and I will try to finish the corresponding example with the write-up in one month.

In the meantime for your setup you can use the boundary condition string

'ddn'

in .box or in .rea file with mesh (no .re2 i.e. NDIM>0 in .rea) for the case of the idealized isolator in Bz field:

Bx = By = 0 = d Bz / dz

Please, test this for your setup first and let me know if you encounter any problems.
Best,
Aleks