[Nek5000-users] Magnetic boundary conditions (especially (quasi) vacuum conditions)

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 12 08:47:29 CST 2013

Hello everyone,
I just started using Nek5000 and my group is currently thinking about
using the code to simulate a precession driven dynamo in a ellipsoidal
shell. For this, we would need to run an MHD Simulation with vacuum or
quasi vacuum boundary conditions (the code we used so far used quasi
vacuum conditions). Has anyone experience with implementing either of those?
I found an older post
(http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/2011-July/001416.html)
that mentioned bc's for the magnetic field that are different from the
velocity conditions, but could not find any update on this.

Best whishes,
Jan