[Nek5000-users] write/read "avg1" data for restart

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 16 09:59:46 CDT 2012

Hello Neks.

I'm working with the turbulent channel flow problem.

I want to write out the data uavg calculated by avg1, i.e.,

        call avg1(uavg,vx   ,alpha,beta,n,'uavg',ifverbose)

from all compute cores to a single file that can be read in at restart.  I plan to update data for alpha and beta so that the avg1 routine can be restarted as well -- that part is straight forward.

Are there two routines that I can use to write and then read the uavg data?  I know there are some related routines in avg_all(), but I'm looking for some stripped-down version where I only worry about this one field.

Incidentally, my intention is to run averaging for a period and then start the gathering information on the fluctuating components (based on the avg calculated for a longer time) of the velocity field.

Cheers,
Mike