[Nek5000-users] Replace velocity fields in perturbation mode

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 15 05:51:35 CDT 2012

Hi Nek's,

I am using Nek  in perturbation mode. At a certain time step i need to
replace the velocity field with a different  one.

In usrchk I replace (vxp,vyp,vzp) with my field (vxb,vyb,vzb). I also
 reset vxlagp,vylagp,vzlagp and the extrapolation terms exxp1,exyp1,exzp1
and exxp2,exyp2,exzp2.

               call opcopy(vxp,vyp,vzp,vxb,vyb,vzb)
               call opzero(exx1p,exy1p,exz1p)
               call opzero(exx2p,exy2p,exz2p)
               do i=1,lorder-1
                  call opzero(vxlagp(1,i,1),vylagp(1,i,1), vzlagp(1,i,1))
               enddo

It works well if I set Torder=1, but for Torder=2 it seems that there are
data contamination from previous time steps, so I think I'm missing some
variables which i need to modify.

Andrea