[Nek5000-users] Add a forcing term on scalar equation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 23 04:15:06 CST 2012

Dear Stefan,

We are solving a system like this:

Dc/Dt= Nabla^2 c +NL(u,c)

DU/Dt= Nabla^2 u - grad p + f(c), where we want to use the c just computed.

It's okay to solve the scalar equation explicitly according to previous tests with another fully spectral (Fourier) code. But, it's difficult to get stable results if the momentum equation is fully explicit.

Two questions: would it be a problem to use Pn-Pn? Would it be slower or less accurate?

In the code, can we change the forcing term to be implicit, so using Crank-Nicolson for f(c) (f contains derivatives).

We understood userf is adding terms to the AB part, while we want something implicit.

Cheers
Iman