[Nek5000-users] Add a forcing term on scalar equation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 20 10:24:57 CST 2012

Hi Iman,

I don't know what type of system you are trying solve but I want to
draw your attention on the following option:

You can use the PnPn formulation. First, a non-linear coupled scalar
system is solved using CVODE (a stiffly stable integrator).Then, the
hydrodynamic equations (velocity and pressure) are solved. The two
system are decoupled using a high-order splitting approach. We do the
same for chemically reactive flows.

Cheers,
Stefan

On 1/20/12, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov