[Nek5000-users] Error when running the vortex problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 11 12:54:06 CDT 2011

Hi,
I was trying to run nek5000 with vortex, following the default user setting. There is no problem for building, however when I start to run the application, there is an error "NONSTD HDR, parse_hdr, abort". The following is the related error report.

Reading checkpoint data
       0       0 OPEN: r1492_n08.fld27
byte swap: T   0.000000       0.000000
                                                                                                       NONSTD HDR, parse_hdr, abort.

I briefly read the code. It looks like the code is reading the checkpoint file "r1492_n08.fld27" and there is something wrong with the file header. The file header does not follow the standard format and the code cannot understand the file.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

-Dong