[Nek5000-users] Neek5000 variable viscosity case

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 16 07:45:01 CDT 2011

Hi Francesco,

I coded up the variable viscosity support for the PN-PN formulation
but the low Mach number support is still missing. For low Mach number
flows we do something inconsistent: We assume that nu is identical to
nu_ref (constant in space). Obviously this is not true! This is a
serious kludge rather than an approximation altough the effect is not
known a-priori (and is case dependent)!

Cheers
Stefan

On 5/16/11, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov