[Nek5000-users] hpts issue: not dumping anything

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 28 07:21:19 CDT 2011

Hi Michael,

Somehow your buffered I/O device does not get flushed when the nek5000
process ends! Typically the OS triggers a close of all open file
handles which will flush the I/O buffer in case of a write access.

I guess there is an easy way to fix this. Just flush the considered
unit (file) explicitly every n timesteps in userchk(). Note: This is a
quick and dirty workaround.

Stefan

On 3/28/11, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov