[Nek5000-users] Bug in genmap?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 15 04:10:53 CDT 2011

Hi

I just recently got started familiarizing myself with Nek5000. Looks great,
but I got into trouble with
generating my own meshes. Is there a preferred way to report bugs? I
couldn't find one.
Anyway, using any simple boxmesh from the tutorials genmap throws an error
when I try
to build it myself. Typically:

 abort: PERIODIC MISMATCH 2:
        1  2 P    ie
        0  0   je
   0.0000000       0.0000000      bc

           8  quit

I found that in subroutine genmap.f/ rd_bc bc is declared as real*8 and not
just real. So I changed

      subroutine rd_bc(cbc,bc,nel,ndim,ifield,io)

c     .Read Boundary Conditions (and connectivity data)

      character*3 cbc(6,nel)
      real*8      bc(5,6,nel)

      subroutine rd_bc(cbc,bc,nel,ndim,ifield,io)

c     .Read Boundary Conditions (and connectivity data)

      character*3 cbc(6,nel)
      real      bc(5,6,nel)

and now it works for me.

Best regards

Mikael Mortensen
Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI)
2027, Kjeller Norway