[Nek5000-users] Calculating local skin friction coefficient

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 2 13:45:54 CST 2011

Hi Aleks,

Thanks for your reply.

I am solving for constant properties and in non-dimensional terms. I am
using a modified drgtrq subroutine, so my j1,j2's are right.

You are right that from navier5.f and my definition of s12,

       s12 =  s(i,4,e) = j * ! du/dy + dv/dx

But at wall dv/dx = 0, therefore

       s12 = du/dy

That is why I was using s12 in my computation. I this wrong then.

Thanks,

Harish.