[Nek5000-users] Calculating local skin friction coefficient

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 2 13:32:54 CST 2011

Hi Harish,

I have not used comp_sij routine myself but from what I see in the source
(navier5.f:2266)

          sij(i,4,e) = j*  ! du/dy + dv/dx
which is different from your goal of du/dy unless v is not a function of
x.

I am assuming you set your j1,j2 correctly for your boundary element
surfaces and you solve for non-dimentional values.  If you have constant
properties then you do not need to fill up the array visc -- you can just
use param(2) instead.

It may be a good idea as usual to set a test problem with analytical
non-trivial initial conditions and run it w/ nsteps=0 just to make sure
you get the answer you want...

Best,
Aleks