[Nek5000-users] Nek5000 and Non-Newtonian Fluids

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 17 09:40:24 CST 2011

Paul,

I switched this to the nek5000-users channel  in case we discuss some thing relevant to others.

For the Bingham model, it seems that all I need is to calculate the second invariant of the strain rate tensor, which is then used to calculate the time-varying apparent viscosity.   I suspect the routine building-blocks for generating this tensor are already in the nek distribution.  If so, could you point me in that direction?

Once those routines are in order, all the calculation will be directed out of uservp, correct?

Thanks.
--Mike