[Nek5000-users] Nek5000 and Non-Newtonian Fluids

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 18 07:22:03 CST 2011

Hi Mike,

Probably the best point to start is in the lambda2 routine,
to be found in postpro.f, which reads in part as:

       do ie=1,nelv
          ! Compute velocity gradient tensor
          call comp_gije(gije,vx(1,1,1,ie),vy(1,1,1,ie),vz(1,1,1,ie),ie)

          do l=1,nxyz
             ! decompose into symm. and antisymm. part
             do j=1,ndim
             do i=1,ndim
                ss(i,j) = 0.5*(gije(l,i,j)+gije(l,j,i))
                oo(i,j) = 0.5*(gije(l,i,j)-gije(l,j,i))
             enddo
             enddo

etc.

I think from their you can see how to compute what you need.
(Let me know if you have questions...)

If you get such a routine (e.g., "compute_q") and are happy
with it after a few trials, I'd be happy to insert it into the repo.

Cheers,

Paul