[Nek5000-users] stokes flow with time-dependent boundary

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 19 11:17:38 CST 2011

Hi Lailai,

I have used the approach you proposed for solving multiple
steady stokes problems... you use an artificially large
timestep.  That works.

If you really have a time-dependent boundary condition, there
is no reason you can't just use the unsteady Stokes solver
with whatever timestep is required to accurately resolve your
temporal bcs.   Note that, in this case, you would indeed have
the inertial term rho du/dt present in the physics.

Paul