[Nek5000-users] Solving for fluid flows on a sphere

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 14 07:01:56 CDT 2011

Hi Mani,

I ran this with

G="-g -Ktrap=fp"

and the "nekd" script in serial (just gdb nek5000 after
setting up requisite files).

Here is the output:

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0x000000000040376c in useric_ (ix=1, iy=1, iz=1, ieg=3)
     at /homes/fischer/nek_debug/mani/z.f:83
83            utheta = 1.0/(x**2 + y**2)**0.5
(gdb)

This makes sense -- you have a pole singularity in
this formulation.  I'm certain it's a removable
singularity if you just rework your ux/uy velocity
definition.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Paul