[Nek5000-users] istep

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 15 07:15:18 CDT 2011

Hi Mikael,

I'm going to make a note of your request - it's not supported
now, but could be w/ a bit of effort.  The effort would be
relatively small for the .fld files, a bit more for the .f0000
files, which is a newer feature.

Generally I handle this issue by changing the name, e.g.,

myrun_1a.rea
myrun_1b.rea
myrun_1c.rea

etc.

In /tools/scripts/ the scripts mvv and cpn make it easy
to do this --

    cpn myrun_1a myrun_1b  copies all the requisite files.

    mvv does the same except with move.

Although it seems like a look a good idea to have the feature
you're asking about, there are some pitfalls - namely, if you
change the order midstream in a sequence of runs then Visit/postx
will be unhappy processing the sequence.

If I wish to process a long sequence of .fld or .f files, I usually
ln them to a common base name (e.g., "myrun") using a script that
can be cooked up in about 30 seconds.  I then process the lot.

Paul