[Nek5000-users] [*] Re: Visit messing up

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 20 06:21:26 CDT 2010

The OUTPUT section in the rea-files controls what data will be dumped into a fld-file.
So if you want to dump the coordinates just set:

  ***** OUTPUT FIELD SPECIFICATION *****
           X SPECIFICATIONS FOLLOW
  T      COORDINATES

Sometimes you don't want to dump the coordinates at every I/O step (to save space). In this case we the following in usrchk():

      ifxyo = .true. ! Turn on xyz output
      if (istep.gt.iostep) ifxyo = .false.  ! Turn off xyz output after first dump

hth,
Stefan

On May 20, 2010, at 11:59 AM, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
>    Thanks for diagnosing the problem. Yes, the output is of high_ray0.f0001. No wonder, this always happens when I put the "firsttimestep" to something other than 1. So is there some switch that controls the output of coordinates?
>
> Thanks,
> Mani chandra
>
> On 05/20/2010 03:05 PM, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov wrote:
>> The problem might be something else!
>> We assume that the first fld-file loaded into VisIt comes with mesh-coordinates.
>> If the coordinates are missing you'll get a similar behavior.
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> Sometimes it happens that users don't have
>>

>> On May 20, 2010, at 11:28 AM, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov wrote:
>>

>>> Hello Mani,
>>>
>>> Switch to the latest (2.0.0) Visit version.  There was a problem in
>>> older versions (at least on 32 bit machines) that is now fixed.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Frank

>>> --
>>> Frank Herbert Muldoon, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
>>> Technische Universität Wien (Technical University of Vienna)
>>> Inst. f. Strömungsmechanik und Wärmeübertragung (Institute of Fluid
>>> Mechanics and Heat Transfer)
>>> Resselgasse 3
>>> 1040 Wien
>>> Tel: +4315880132232