[Nek5000-users] prex & pretex not working

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 14 22:16:55 CDT 2010

Hi,

this is in response to Harish's mail from Mon May 3 13:14:48 CDT 2010.

Not sure if your problems are solved now, but I had similar issues on a
Fedora 12 machine with gcc/gfortran 4.4.3-4.fc12, where prenek would
compile fine (with BIGMEM=true) but would just get killed after startup
of prex (the window pops up shortly, but vanishes without displaying
anything).
I could fix it by updating to and compiling with gcc&gfortran-4.5. Using
new gfortran and older gcc4.4.3 resulted in the same error.

@Developers: Further, I think the reason for not getting any output from
the maketools is the following lines in "maketools", where I assume the
echo and exit calls should be exchanged in order (and a typo) to get a
clean output (at least on my system nothing showed for an unknown f77
compiler).
"
   *)           exit 1
                echo "Error: Unkown compiler!"
                ;;
"

"
   *)           echo "Error: Unknown compiler!"
                exit 1
                ;;
"

Markus