[Nek5000-users] Warning Message : L1/L2 DIV(V)

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 3 17:05:24 CDT 2010

You may want to use lx1=10 and compile Nek with K10_MXM in case your running on machine with AMD 10h processors. In addition you can lower the pressure tolerance to 5e-5 to save computational time. Is there a specific reason not to use the PN/PN-2 formulation? Your pressure iterations are quite high but I guess this is because of your mesh. At the moment the PN/PN does not support our multi-grid preconditioner and you're more sensitive to high aspect ratios (effected by the element size + N). Also please I recommned to use  dt = -3e-3 and param(27)=2. Typically a Courant number of two gives you the best performance for the characteristics scheme.

I may help to visualize the difference in divergence. Where are the high values (at element boundaries, domain boundaries, etc.)? In your case QTL contains the user specified divergence at the outflow.

Stefan