[Nek5000-users] Warning Message : L1/L2 DIV(V)

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 10 09:36:22 CDT 2010

Hi Stefan,

I apologize for the delay in replying to your questions.

1.  In earlier conversation I was told that PN-PN formulation has resulted
in better accuracy. As such, I am not sure how one would choose which basis
(PN-PN / PN-PN-2) is appropriate for their problem. I am working in
transitional flows. Would you recommend any particular choice of basis for
this type of applications ?

2. Yes, I believe I am running it on AMD 10h processors. I will compile with
K10_MXM for my production run. Thanks.

3. As regarding the divergence : Though the warning pops up every step,
nothing blows up in my simulation. The high values ( that are acceptable)
are at the outflow where we add some divergence to the flow.

4. I did observe one thing, If I lower the courant to very low value, the
error drops down but not by a huge margin.

Thanks
Shriram