[Nek5000-users] Nekmerge question

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 22 10:13:52 CDT 2010

Now that I can use pretex, I still have a few questions.
Everything is going as it should (according to your answer Paul) until I
reach the boundary conditions stage. Instead of getting:

        1 ACCEPT B.C.'s
        2 REVIEW/MODIFY

I get the following:

         *** MIDWAY BREAK MENU ***
        ABORT to write build data to file and exit
        SET B.C'S to continue
               1 SET BCs
               2 ABORT

As I wanna join the two meshes, I assume that the correct boundary
conditions should be E (element) in the .box files. Nevertheless, such
BC does not appear when choosing SET BCs. Here is what I get:

  *** BOUNDARY CONDITION MENU ***
Begin Inputting Fluid Boundary Conditions
 B.C.>        74         1

       1 PERIODIC-AUTO
       2 PERIODIC
       3 WALL
       4 VELOCITY
       5 OUTFLOW
       6 OUTFLOW/N
       7 VELOCITY (LOCAL)
       8 SYMMETRY
       9 MOVING WALL
      10 MELTING FRONT
      11 SET ENTIRE LEVEL
      12 ZOOM

I suppose that this problem might perhaps come from the fact that I do
not have the same number of faces on the joining borders of each mesh,
or something more or less the same. Is there anything more-or-less easy
I could do, or do I have to built the square mesh so that each edge/face
for the two joining borders are the same ?

Regards,

Jean-Christophe

PS: Attached are the .rea and .box files I have used again.