[Nek5000-users] Nekmerge question

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 22 07:08:24 CDT 2010

Jean-Christophe,

One approach to merging is to use the pretex (tex-based prex) code.
Basic steps are listed below, with entries indicated by "> "

Paul

  Choose a Name for This Session:
   Beginning Session s
        1 READ PREVIOUS PARAMETERS
        2 TYPE IN  NEW  PARAMETERS
        3 CONJ. HEAT TRANSFER MERGE
Choose item:
> 1
  Enter name of previous session
> s2
        1 BUILD FROM FILE
        2 ALTER PARAMETERS
        3 SHOW PARAMETERS
        4 BUILD INTERACTIVELY
> 1
Choose item:
  Enter name of previous session
(Default= s2.rea           )
> s2
        1 END    ELEMENTS
        2 MODIFY ELEMENT
        3 GLOBAL REFINE
        4 UP   LEVEL
        5 DOWN LEVEL
        6 CURVE SIDES
        7 DELETE ELEMENT
        8 CEILING
        9 REDRAW MESH
       10 SET GRID
       11 ZOOM
       12 IMPORT MESH
       13 IMPORT vtx MESH
       14 IMPORT vtk MESH
       15 REFLECT MESH
       16 DEFINE OBJECT
Choose item:
> 12
input name of new .rea file
s3
Would you like to displace existing elements in box?
        1 END    ELEMENTS
        2 MODIFY ELEMENT
        3 GLOBAL REFINE
        4 UP   LEVEL
        5 DOWN LEVEL
        6 CURVE SIDES
        7 DELETE ELEMENT
        8 CEILING
        9 REDRAW MESH
       10 SET GRID
       11 ZOOM
       12 IMPORT MESH
       13 IMPORT vtx MESH
       14 IMPORT vtk MESH
       15 REFLECT MESH
       16 DEFINE OBJECT
Choose item:
> 1
        1 ACCEPT MATL,QVOL
        2 SELECT ELEMENT
        3 SELECT MATL [  0]
        4 SET  MATL PROPS,Q
        5 SHOW MATL PROPS,Q
Choose item:
> 1
        1 ACCEPT B.C.'s
        2 REVIEW/MODIFY
Choose item:
> 1
Curve side consistency check OK.
        1 ACCEPT B.C.'s
        2 REVIEW/MODIFY
Choose item:
> 1
Curve side consistency check OK.
  Generating Mesh Points for       840  Elements
        1 EXIT
        2 OUTPUT
        3 DRIVE FORCE
        4 INITIAL COND