[Nek5000-users] Nekmerge question

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 22 03:47:56 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I know there already exists a thread having the same title dating back
to November 2009, but no one has answered to it yet.
I also have some question regarding nekmerge.

I would like to mesh the cross-section of a cylindrical pipe. Using the
cylindrical version of genbox, I obviously get into troubles as soon as
I include the axis.
As a consequence, I would like to merge two meshes:
    - a cartesian one in the vicinity of the axis
    - a cylindrical one for the rest of the pipe

Once I genboxed the corresponding .box files, I use nekmerge and there
comes my problem. I get the following error message:

[loiseau at Quadstation-01 cylindre]$ ./nekmerge
 ascii or binary output ? (a/b):
 Input new (output) file name:
cylindre
 Input source .rea file name or press enter to continue:
1
 Input source .rea file name or press enter to continue:
2
 Input source .rea file name or press enter to continue:

 locglob:           1           1           1         324
 locglob:           1           2         214         324
 locglob:           2           1         289         324
 locglob:           2           2         289         324
done locglob_lexico:      290      290      324
 FACE ERROR:           5           3         108           5

Attached are all the .box and .rea files I have used. Could anyone give
me a hint on how to solve this little problem ?

Regards,

Jean-Christophe