[Nek5000-users] Nek5000-users Digest, Vol 14, Issue 29

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 19 11:05:59 CDT 2010

Stefan,

Many thanks for your reply. I am trying to find the velocity gradients near
the wall. I identified the walls of interest and have collected the element
number and faces of each of them. And then approximately I try to compute
du/dy, so I tried to access the velocity at the GLL points and the
co-ordinates.

I just found that nek has a routine comp_gije(), which I believe is to
compute the gradients. I now plan to use that to compute the gradients near
the wall. In a earlier mail, Paul had mentioned the different ways of
computing the gradients and I am looking at few of them.

Regards
Shriram Jagannathan