[Nek5000-users] Data Structure

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 19 03:46:44 CDT 2010

Hi Shriram,

{XM1,YM1,ZM1} stores the GLL mesh for the velocity and {XM2,YM2,ZM2} stores GL or GLL points for the pressure (defined in the GEOM CB). The mesh points are stored in a lexicographical order.

{XC,YC,ZC} stores the element vertices (defined in the INPUT CB). Note: we read the vertices into NEK using a preprocessor notation. However internally we use a different symmetric notation. For more details check the header of genxyzl().

In general you have access to all the arrays you like as long as you have a proper include statement for the CB in question.

Is there any specific reason why you want to have access to a particular point in the mesh?

Stefan