[Nek5000-users] Data Structure

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 18 23:24:53 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to understand the structure of the arrays that store velocities
and co-ordinates in nek that is available under several subroutines like
uskchk,usrdat2,usrdat etc.
Based on my understanding, I found that the velocities, say vx has the form
vx(lx1,ly1,lz1,e) but I found that there are many arrays that address the
co-ordinates namely xm0,xm1,xc etc though I am not sure what it denotes. Can
all these be accessed from any subroutine in the usr file ? I have attached
herewith a picture where I have mentioned how I thought the data structure
might be. But, I would really like to know how one would access the
co-ordinates of say ,a particular element and what xm0,xm1,xc denote for.
Please correct me if I am wrong about the data structure. Thanks.

Regards
Shriram Jagannathan