[POOL] Argonne pool league

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Thu Oct 22 19:00:27 CDT 2020

Hi all, we had a meeting of the captains on Tuesday night and have decided to do a modified league format using 4 players per team for a 7 week session.  The season we started and did not finish will be completed when we have enough players to return to the 5 man teams.  The first 7 week session will begin November 3, but we may need new team leads and to shuffle a couple of players from one team to another to make sure all teams have enough players.  We need players so anyone who knows people who would like to join, let me know and they are welcome.  We will be scheduling our matches and I would ask the team captains to take care of that.  I will be begin contacting each team to get things set up.  Most teams are pretty close to sufficient.    Please note we are requiring masks even when you are playing and encouraging people to grab the earliest slots for the fewest people in the Q meaning the lowest potential exposure.  The first 7 week session should end before Christmas and the we can evaluate where we are for January.  I’ll keep everyone posted.  - Dean