[POOL] Argonne pool league

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Mon Oct 26 15:01:23 CDT 2020

Hi Moe,

As he indicated in his email, Dean is looking to get the Argonne Pool
League going again in some temporary fashion, as some folks have
indicated that they'd like to start playing again.  The current
proposed format would be shortened, 7 week sessions with smaller teams
(4 members/matches per night) with matches beginning at 4PM when Q
opens so as to avoid more crowded times (particularly from the APA
league) with matches potentially spread over multiple nights.  Once
the world is back to "normal", then we'd resume our regular format.

As far as Team Moe is concerned, when last surveyed we only had 2
players willing to resume play, so to participate, Team 2 will need to
temporarily accept players from other teams and/or new players.  If
you're still interested in playing, drop me a note so I know.
Likewise, let me know if you know of anyone not currently in the
league who would be interested in playing.  I'm still planning to sit
out the league until things return to normal, so if you are interested
in playing now, also let me know if you're interested in being
temporary team captain to help coordinate/schedule team matches.

Finally, since the makeup of the team will be a bit different during
this time, I'm thinking we should also make a temporary change of team
name?  We can use one of our alternate names, either "Carl Crew" or
"Lenny and the Jets", https://comb.io/arEptV :)

John