[POOL] Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Oct 23 23:32:15 CDT 2019

Dean's already sent out the results, but here's a recap anyway.

But first!  This week's results will play after a message about last
weeks results.

For some reason, I forgot to capture last weeks results, so details
are sketchy, no thanks to my memory (and the fact that I didn't arrive
'til late into the night).

Last week we played Bass Ackward.

Martino played first against Don a 2:something, winning (the first?) 2
games to win the match.

Cari played her first match of the League against Michael in a
something:3.  Unforutnately, Michael wasn't very welcoming and shut
her out, 0:3.

Tami played next against John in a 2:4 or so.  John was seemingly
distracted in one of the games, shooting on and sinking the 8 while he
still had a ball left on the table, giving the game to Tami.  That
apparently woke him up though, as despite a good effort from Tami, he
took the remaining games and match, 1:4.

Paul L played the 4th match against Jill in a 2:something.  The
"something" didn't matter, 'cause Paul was on fire, running balls and
sinking them dead center in pocket.  Paul shut Jill out, winning the
match 2:0.

Paul H played the final match of the night, bravely going up against
Dean in a 1:9.  And Paul shot well, getting to the 8 first in the 3rd
or 4th game, but unfortunately missing.  Paul kept it close in the
next few games, but alas, Dean starting running the table in the last
couple and finally took the match, 0:9.

So last week was another 2 for 5 night.

  | Skip >

This week we played Nice Rack.

Cari opened the night against Mike in a 2:3.  Mike was equally rude as
Michael last week and shutout Cari, 0:3.  Cari did say she had fun and
is starting to make shots.  Next match, it might be better not to play
someone named Mike or Michael, though. :)

Tami played next against Cheryl in a 2:2.  Tami was feeling good and
making shots, and had no trouble taking 2 from Cheryl, winning the
match 2:0.

Paul L went up against Ben in the third match, a 2:5.  Ben took the
first game but Paul came back to take the second.  The remaining games
were neck-and-neck, finally going to the hill where Paul closed it out
by stringing together a nice run capped by a sweet role of the 8 into a
side pocket for the game and match, 2:4.

Katie played Melanie in a 2:2 for the fourth match.  Katie was making
shots in the first game, keeping pace with Melanie until she was
stymied by her last couple balls.  Melanie then got the 8 and sank it,
together with cueball to scratch and give the game to Katie.  Both
Katie and Melanie struggled to make shots in the remaining games, but
Melanie managed to outpace Katie and took the remainder, handing Katie
a loss, 1:2.

John (me) played the final match of the night against Glenn in a 2:3.
John was shooting well and was helped by unintentional but lucky,
defensive leaves when he missed and took the first game.  John
continued shooting well in the second game, and when awarded
ball-in-hand after Glenn missed hitting his object ball on a long,
cross-table shot, John put it to use, sinking the remainder of his
balls and the 8, quickly taking care of Glenn, 2:0.

So we went 3 for 5 on the night; better!