[POOL] Week 2 Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Sep 25 01:07:40 CDT 2019

We played Nice Game, 7 Bucks, Bob Daun's team.

First up was Paul L against Gaylen in a 2:2.  Paul's still riding his
high of being in 2nd place in the league and shutout Gaylen, 2:0!

Craig played next against new League member Shane in a 2:4.  Shane
shoots well, esp when he needs to finish quickly for a cigarette break.
Craig is starting to find his game again, but Shane unfortunately shut
him out, 0:4.

Tami played the 3rd match against Missy. a 3:2.  Tami was shooting
well, putting together a number of runs.  After losing the opening
game, Tami kept focus and took the next 3, winning the match 3:1.

Paul H next played Dave in a 2:3.  Paul was shooting well, and took
the opening game, but Dave was shooting even better and was rarely
missing.  Paul almost took a 2nd game, but Dave just didn't give him
enough chances and took the match, 1:3.

I played the final match against Frankie, a 2:7.  Frankie was barely
missing, but when he did, I was able to take advantage, getting to the
8 in the 5th game, and then again in the 7th!  Unfortunately, I caught
the edge of the pocket in both games, leaving the 8 hanging, so
Frankie took both those games as well as all the rest, shutting me out
0:7.

So 2 match wins tonight.  Better.