[POOL] Playoffs!

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Tue Apr 23 12:22:59 CDT 2019

Great finish to the regular season, Moe!  We had another 4-1 finish
last week that carried us to a 3rd place tie for the Winter session;
great job everyone!

The playoffs begin tonight.  Our combined Fall & Winter record gives
us a 6th seed which pits us against the 3rd seed, No Sweat, tonight.
There are 3 rounds (weeks) in the playoffs with all teams playing
every round; the first team that wins 3 matches a given night wins its
round for that week.  At the end, the team that win all 3 of its
rounds wins the playoffs and gets a 1st place prize payout.  The teams
that win 2 of its rounds get a 2nd place payout, those that win 1 get
a 3rd place payout and the team that wins none, well, they get a pat
on the back and a hearty "Job Well Done".  And participation payout
too. ;)  There are no make-up matches during the playoffs; if a team
doesn't have enough players to get 3 match wins, it forfeits its
remaining matches that night.

Good luck Moe!  May our shots be straight and our leaves on target!