[POOL] APL Results - Fall 2018 - Week 2 - Sept 25

David Stevens stevens-david at att.net
Wed Sep 26 21:05:32 CDT 2018

Week 2 is complete.  Thank you all for taking it easy on me in Dean's absence.  The results are attached as are the statistics.
Here is the schedule for next week:

| Week | Date | Table 1 | Table 2 | Table 3 | Table 4 |
| 3 | 2-Oct-18 | 3 | - | 5 | 2 | - | 6 | 7 | - | 8 | 1 | - | 4 |

In trying to keep their room and equipment tidy, the Q does not allow baby powder or talcum powder any more.  Since it is the oil from hands that prevents the cue from sliding freely (as I understand it), there are some options.  There are some pads/cloths that will polish up the cue shaft.  A soapy hand washing just before the match can eliminate the oil on your fingers.  A glove can also help.  I'm sure there are other options as well, but those are the ones I have heard.
If you were not aware, the Q has disabled all of the coin operation on the smaller tables.  They are now rented by the hour at the front desk.
At the Captain's meeting last week, the only main change in the rules was the adoption of a flatter (more even) payout distribution of the spring playoff prizes.  Dean and I will get the rule books updated and a new copy in the folders soon.
Since I am neither an Argonne employee nor an accomplished hacker, I have no way to update the APL website.  The website will be updated once Dean gets back from his trip.
Best regards,David Stevens