[POOL] Argonne Pool League - Week #1

Hovland, Paul hovland at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 19 11:09:41 CDT 2018

I attended the meeting on behalf of Moe since Paul L was in the middle of his match.

I raised our concerns about Ron’s suggestion, but the new payout policy passed.  The bracket will still determine “bragging rights” but payout for WWL, WLW, and LWW will be identical, as will LLW, LWL, and WLL.

Table 5 etiquette is essentially: try to play during your assigned slot; if a table misses a slot, they are effectively swapping spots with the table that takes their slot (e.g., if Table 1 cannot play at 6:00, Table 2 can’t won’t play, and Table 3 takes the slot, then Table 2 stays in the 7:00 slot and Table 1 gets the 8:00 slot); it is recognized that Table 5 plays differently from the other tables, but it’s the same for everyone so do your best to take advantage of it.

Other news: there is no one on the waiting list.  Dean plans to advertise in Argonne Today, but we should probably do our own recruiting.

Paul