[POOL] APL Week 14 - And the winner is...

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Apr 4 12:27:15 CDT 2018

Attached are the results, stats, final standings and playoff schedule.    Please review for accuracy.

Congratulations to team #4, “Nice Rack” who finished first for the spring 2018 session.  It all came down to the last match and they ended up winning by one match.  And wow was it close at the bottom.  It was a 3 way tie for 5th and one game separating the 8th place team.

Congratulations to Tami Martin, the league MVP for the spring 2018 session.  Tami was 11-2 (0.8148) this year.  Runner up was Melanie Matejko who went 10 - 1 (0.8000).  It couldn’t have been much closer.  Nice playing to you both.

The playoffs start next week.  The seeding is based on the combined wins for the fall and spring session and are shown in the final standings table.  A bracket is also included and you’ll find the match ups and table assignments there as well.  All 5 matches need not be played once a team gets to 3 matches won.

Table 5 should be played as in the regular season, however, the need is lower to use the table as we often don’t play all 5 matches.  We will encourage it’s use more if teams are falling behind.  It can be used to practice if no one is playing a match.

Team    Team Name       Total Wins      Ranking Combined        Tourn. Seed
4       Nice Rack       43      1       77      2
2       The Moe Szyslak Experience      42      2       72      4
6       X-CUE-SES       38      3       76      3
1       Cue Therapy     34      4       78      1
3       Bass Ackward    31      5       58      8
7       No Sweat        31      5       70      5
8       Holdin' Our Own 31      5       66      6
5       Nice Game, 7 Bucks      30      8       63      7