[POOL] APL Playoff results

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Apr 11 11:33:38 CDT 2018

The results for week 1 playoffs are complete.  Lots of exciting results.  Please review the results for accuracy.

The Banquet is on April 24.  For that week food, I can arrange for all of us pizza (as we’ve done in the paste) or I can purchase $40 gift cards from Q to use for each team. In either case, I’ll get a cake from Costco (mega calories/$).  If I pick the food, I’ll propose something like this (also subject to change or suggestion):

6:30pm
1 Cheese $14; 1 Veggie $18; 1 Hawaiian $18; 1 Buffalo Chicken and Bacon $18; 1 Meat Lovers $19;  1 Hot Italian $19  total $106

7:30pm
1 Cheese $14; 1 Veggie $18; 1 Buffalo Chicken and Bacon $18; 1 Meat Lovers $19;  1 Hot Italian $19  total $88

9pm
1 Cheese $14; 1 Veggie $18; 1 Hawaiian $18; 1 Buffalo Chicken and Bacon $18; 1 Meat Lovers $19;  1 Hot Italian $19  total $106

Grand total $300 + $24 Tax $324

Please give your feed back to your captains:
1. $40 Q gift card per team to spend as you like
2. The above food (or something close to it)

Summer play.  Again as last year, we will have an Argonne play date the last Tuesday of each month.  May 29, June 26, July 31, August 28.  The cost again will be $5 for all you can play after 6pm.  I’d also like to have a little competition on each of these dates, so we will have a tournament on each of these dates starting with 8 ball on May 28th.  We might consider 9 Ball, 1 pocket, and straight pool for the other sessions.  We’ll use the league handicaps to figure out a handicap system.  Q Bar will offer a bar tab for 1st place!  In addition, if time permits and as tables become available, we will have a small free clinic on some pool related topic.