[POOL] APL Week 1

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Sep 21 13:36:03 CDT 2016

Welcome back everyone.  It was a good opening night and all went smooth.

NEW PLAYERS.  We have several new players in our league.
Bata Milanovic		Team 1  Cue Therapy
Matthew Horwedel	Team 6  X-CUE-SES
Bob Pahmazal		Team 7  No Sweat

If you see them, please welcome them.

CAPTAINS MEETING.  We had our captains meeting and there are a few changes.  Starting next week we will be alternating which team puts up first.   A flip of the coin determines who puts up first and then alternate which team puts up for the next match.  This will simplify for putting up on Table 5.

PLAYOFF PAYOUT.  The following will be the new playoff results.  Only 4th and 5th are switched.
> 1. W-W-W (unchanged)
> 	2. W-W-L (unchanged)
> 	3. W-L-W (unchanged)
> 	4. L-W-W (was 5th place)
> 	5. W-L-L (was 4th place)
> 	6. L-W-L (unchanged)
> 	7. L-L-W (unchanged)
> 	8. L-L-L (unchanged)

PROCEDURAL REMINDERS.  Pace of play is generally good, but keep in mind, there is a 1 minute limit to take a shot and a 2 minute limit on coaches.  If someone is taking too long, politely ask that they watch their time.  If they do not comply they will be put on a clock and potentially face a ball in hand penalty.   USE OF TABLE 5.  Table 1 is first to use Table 5.  One on Table 1 and one on Table 5.  When that team is done playing, they should go to table 2 and let them know table 5 is ready.  This should continue till all 4 tables have used the 5th table.

PERISCOPE.  We are still trying out the Periscope broadcasts.  This allows you to have friends or family watch remotely live or after the fact.  Last night it sounds like the feeds had some variable quality.  I also learned last night we can do 2 broadcasts at once.  If you want your match on periscope, let me know.   We are still learning.

RESULTS.  Attached are the results from week one.  Please check and make sure everything is entered correctly.

NEXT WEEK:

Week	Date	Table 1	Table 2	Table 3	Table 4
Number

2	27-Sep-16	3	-	8	1	-	6	2	-	5	4	-	7