[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 7 18:08:36 CST 2012

We played More with Les last night.

After stopping by my polling place and writing myself in for all
positions that were up for election (not to mention voting Yes on the
referendum asking whether IL law should allow individuals to hold two
or more elected offices--duh! :) ), I started the night off by playing
Fred in a 2:4.  I was shooting well, but unfortunately Fred was
shooting better.  I went down, 1:4.

Paul H went next against Les in a 1:9.  Paul was shooting well too,
putting the pressure on Les, sinking all but 2 of his balls in the
early games.  In the 4th game, the pressure got to be too much, as
Les cleanly banked the cue into a pocket while shooting on the 8,
giving the game and match to Paul.

Next was Roger against Stephan in a 2:4.  Roger rocked, never letting
Stephan find his rhythm, and took him down in two games, 2:0.

Fourth was Az against Yaw in a 4:2.  Az had the upper hand, quickly
winning the first 3 games, before Yaw managed to squeak out a win in
the 4th game.  Az was on his way to the final game, until Yaw made a
long run and sunk the 8, stealing the match from Az, 3:2.

Neither us nor Les's team had a 5th player, so the 5th match is to be
made up another week.

Speaking of make ups, Retarded Monkeys, our opponent from last week,
only had 1 player present last night (Mike), so we weren't able to
make up any of last weeks matches.

Next week we play Bass Ackward.