[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 31 02:15:27 CDT 2012

We played Retarded Monkeys, formerly Dennis's team.  They only had 3
players, so the remaining 2 matches are to be made up some other day.

Craig opened the night against Mike in a 1:7.  Mike is tough and came
out shooting to take the early lead.  He starting relaxing and easing
up as the match went on, but unfortunately, Craig wasn't able to
capitalize.  Craig went down, 0:7.

Paul H played next against Tim in a 3:2.  Paul was struggling a
little with his aim, but fortunately Tim wasn't doing much better.
Paul straightened out his shooting and was able to put Tim down,
winning 3:0.

After a hour intermission, Adam went next against Rich in a 3:4.  Adam
got off to a slow start, losing the first two games, before thwarting
Rich's defense to take the next two games.  After losing a close 5th
game, Adam had a short runout setup to win the 6th game and the
match but wasn't able to convert, giving Rich a short runout for the
game.  Fortunately, Rich wasn't able to convert either.  They traded
missed shots a few more times, but ultimately, Rich made his first,
handing Adam a hard-fought loss, 2:4.

Next week, we continue playing Retarded Monkeys (maybe, if they have
players) and More with Les.