[POOL] Last night's matches

Brian R. Toonen toonen at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 19 11:11:59 CDT 2005

Well, we have in fact forfeited 5 matches to Bobby's team in the past because we
had no players for that night.

Given that we may likely have to forfeit matches in November due to increased
travel and hard deadlines for SC, and that I came last night at the expense of
getting work done that is already way behind schedule, I'm not inclined to allow
them to make up any of the matches.  Quite honestly, we gave them a break by
waiting for Ron.  By the rules, we could have rightfully insisted that they
forfeit that match as well.

My opinion is that we shouldn't allow them to make up the matches unless the
league captains vote to *require* teams to allow their opponents the right to
decide whether to forfeit or make up matches at a later date.  If they do that,
then we must allow Bobby's team to make up the games at a later date, but it
should be one that is convenient for us (perhaps after SC, and not necessarily
on a league night).  However, before the captains make such a decision, they
should be aware that we will take full advantage of it for the first three weeks
of November.

--brian