[POOL] Last night's matches

Ti Leggett leggett at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 19 10:42:09 CDT 2005

First off. Roger, Awesome! I bet Bobby had nothing to say after you
beat him and he talked so much trash.

Second, the way I understood our agreement was that we'd have one
make up and two forfeits. The one make up was for Ron since we had
actually seen him that night and knew he was coming back. Since Ron
showed up before we had left, there went their make up match. I think
we're entitled to two forfeited matches since we did scramble people
to have our 5 players. Unless there's some defined cut-off for when
make-up matches aren't allowed this is going to be a quagmire. I know
we've had 2 or sometimes 3 matches forfeited because we didn't have
the players and we never made a stink about it. I know we've had
Bobby's team force forfeit on us when we didn't have enough players.

Third, we need to figure out what we're going to do in the coming
weeks. I won't be able to make it Nov. 8-22 because I'll be on
travel. I know Craig can't make the Nov 15th either since he'll be on
travel. I'm not sure of Brian. So we need to get people committed
those days to show up when I know we'll be short.

I don't like the idea of being jerks about this but many of our last
place seasons weren't all due to losses but because of forfeits, and
no one gave pity on us then. Everyone's hurting from lack of players,
us included.