[Swift-user] Edison: pbs job starts but Swift unresponsive

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 3 18:09:49 CST 2015

Ok, so I was looking for problems after the first batch of jobs, but
aren't any here.

The 9 minute delay is because workers try all IP addresses that the head
node has, and it may take a long time to time-out through all of them
until a good one is found.

You could force a specific IP address (in your case it's probably
128.55.34.2) using:

<profile namespace="globus" key="internalHostname">128.55.34.2</profile>

Mihael