[Swift-user] Swift/MPI & OpenFoam

Matthew Shaxted Matthew.Shaxted at som.com
Wed Feb 25 10:12:52 CST 2015

Hi all,

A few questions about Swift's interaction with MPI - specifically related to OpenFoam CFD:

To date, we are running OpenFoam CFD jobs on a single machine at the moment, but are looking to scale up computation by way of OpenFoam's MPI support.

We discussed a strategy of enabling Lustre or a similar file system across our internal resources, connecting our worker nodes to the head node via an MPI listener, and submitting/running the jobs via OpenFoam's MPI run command.

Does Swift support a connection via MPI?

Perhaps Swift can help manage setting up the in the same way a worker.pl is setup for coaster-service?

Thanks for any insights.

Matthew

MATTHEW SHAXTED
SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP
224 SOUTH MICHIGAN AVENUE
CHICAGO, IL 60604
T  (312) 360-4368
MATTHEW.SHAXTED at SOM.COM<mailto:MATTHEW.SHAXTED at SOM.COM>

[cid:image004.png at 01D050E3.9D61B950]<http://www.som.com/>
The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

[cid:image003.gif at 01D050E2.BD72C230]